Partnering = A commitment by both customers and suppliers, regardless of size, to a long-term relationship based on clear, mutually agreed objective to strive for world-class.
The key characteristics of partnerships sourcing are as follows:
- Top level management commitment
- Involvement by all relevant functions
- Customer and supplier working together
- A high level of trust, knowledge sharing and openness between customer and supplier
- Clear joint objectives
- Commitment to a long-term relationship
- A proactive approach to improving and developing the partnership
- A total quality management philosophy focused on co-operative efforts to maximise quality and secure continuous improvement
- Flexibility by both parties
- A high degree of systems integration
Partnering aims to transform short-term adversarial customer-supplier relationships focused on the use of purchasing power to secure lower prices and improved delivery into long-term co-operation based on mutual trust in which quality, innovation and shared values complement price competitiveness.
“Create – Deliver – Inspire”
Luminary Group Ltd ©